a measuring stick for my journey

Monday, August 25, 2008

Guernsey Revisted




My boyfriend D and I spent last weekend camping at the Guernsey reservoir in Southeast Wyoming. This was my second weekend at Guernsey this summer, and just as awesome as the first. The first weekend was a girl's camping trip with my fantastic friend Hannah (Fan Han or FH for short). For that trip please see the hyper link below:
http://http//www.trib.com/articles/2008/07/17/features/open_spaces/876dd1603b4b942d8725748800694e26.txt

Guernsey offers a perfect reprieve from life. It is nestled in the cedar covered hills north of Guersney, WY. There is a sense of wildness about the place as it is several miles from the interstate. The Civilian Conservation Corp built the dam in the 1930s. The state park also contains a small museum dedicated to the corp as well as several impressive outbuilding hewn from local rock.

D and I took a break from our normal hectic weekends to play in the water, watch kite boarders as we sprawled on the beach and spray paint "art" (D's was awesome, mine was decidedly less so). The fog rolled in Sunday morning after a peaceful night camping on the beach, but burned off over breakfast. My advice to all those dating out there-camping is still my favorite date ever! Beg, borrow, or buy some gear on get on out there!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Totally agree! Get a tent and get out there. Or don't get a tent and still get out there. Whether you go with a boyfriend or a gaggle of girlfriends, go. I had a blast with Sarah at Guernsey and love her to death for going with me and allowing me to write a newspaper article about it. Go, go, go!

Followers