a measuring stick for my journey

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fall Blues


We are on the cusp of fall. While the evenings are still warm, the sunsets have changed to amber and the nights are chilly. I scattered all of my summer camping gear on the lawn last night in an attempt to organize and clean the summer scum off of it. However, I found myself a little sentimental about washing the red Moab mud off of my tent walls, wiping the reservoir sand off of the footprint, and generally discarding the remnants of an amazing summer. I'm not quite ready to give up on the season, I still have plans for a big Labor Day summit bag, a few hit or miss weekends in Sept. but the wicked rad camping streak has the end in sight. Today I'm learning the prosaic eternal summer in the midst of winter crap is more difficult than it seems.

No comments:

Followers