a measuring stick for my journey

Thursday, April 2, 2009

see jane run


I love to run! I've been running consistently for 5 years and I'm more into it every day. I love how it awakens my body and refreshes my mind. There is nothing in the world like the feeling post-run.

Lately, though, I'm stuck. I've been running on the treadmill at the gym (not my favorite way to run, but necessary in the long Wyoming winters). However, D and I just dropped our gym membership for the (supposedly) warmer months, but I'm still not able to make myself run in town. My whole running life has been on trails and dirt roads. I've run alone, no eyes following me. I'm rebelling against the watchers, the pavement, the dirty air. So far, I've been unable to make myself go on my first outdoor run here. I realize that this obstacle is only in my mind, and I'm certain that once I get over the hurdle of "first" that I'll love it. It's just like switching from Coca-Cola Classic to Diet, and my taste buds just won't be satisfied.

Tonight may be the night.

1 comment:

djrepshire said...

Did you really switch to Diet Coke? If so, here's a tip... McDonald's has their own special blend that is just a little "sweeter" to those taste buds than your "normal" diet Coke! This is true!! Does Douglas have a McDonald's?

Followers