a measuring stick for my journey

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 was GREAT!


I'm usually the first person to have an orderly list of resolutions primed for the new year! I love to take some retrospective time to revisit, recapture, and relearn the past year. This year I haven't really thought about 2009: my hopes, my goals, my plans. Nor have a reflected on 2008: the lessons, the memories, the changes.

I just stepped outside, to enjoy one of those rare, mid-winter mild days. I stood still for only a few minutes, watched life happen around me, watched the way the blue sky set-off the poplars. I haven't stopped lately, looked around, my body and mind occupying the same place in time for too long. My greatest wish, my prayer for us all is that 2009 be filled with moments that are truly lived, that the beauty of God so enrapture us that for just a moment we can't look away.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Amen, Sarah! Amen. More and more I am realizing life is not about the big moments of change but the little moments where our soul shifts inside us, moving closer to our Creator in spite of the chaos carrying on around us outside. When I look back on 2008, I see snapshots of moments I felt ALIVE...and those usually come in the presence of simple beauty or real relationships. Thanks for being in many of those snapshot moments this last year. Love you.

Followers