a measuring stick for my journey

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Little Notes

Dear Neighbor:

D and I sleep with our windows open. Your dog barks all night long. I'm sorry to be picky, but please buy a muzzle so that we can get a little shut eye.

Thank you very much!
Your Neighbor


Dear Summer,

Please stay a little longer. There are so many things that I still want to do! I hear that indian summers can be rather lovely!

Thank you very much!
Your Biggest Fan


Dear D,

I love you. It's that simple.

Love,
Sar


Dear Luna and Rufus,

Although you've been residing in our home for only a week, you've brought a ton of joy to our lives! Thank you for curling up beside us and purring yourselves to sleep. Thank you for welcoming us home every day. Please do not destroy the house.

Love,
Your Owner


Dear 5 Year Plan:

You're new to me. I'm not sure how I feel about you yet. I do like to have you as a goal, but help us keep in mind that flexibility, spontaneity, and adventure are not to be discounted now that you're tagging along. I will be keeping an eye on you though.

Sincerely,
S

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Beautifully succinct! Wow. I feel like writing a bunch of my own now...

Followers