a measuring stick for my journey

Monday, October 27, 2008

Who we really are...


I don't know where to actually start this blog...my mind goes in so many different directions. I guess the main point is, I'm continually surprised at the depth to people. Surprise ins't quite the right emotion...reminded? Maybe more closely related to empathy than I can get here...however, we all walk around with so much inside of us. It's like stumbling upon beautiful poetry written by an acquaintance. Or the smiling stranger who just lost a good friend. Or the brief conversation that reveals so much it almost makes you squirm internally. Why are we so adapt at hiding the real us? Why the public projection? Where does authenticity really begin? Our paths cross but do we really see each other? The reality of this seems big and almost dangerous. But I'm convinced that now is the time to live dangerously...

No comments:

Followers